Saturday, July 4, 2020

Flora Chapter 22



    Extra: Life With You (Flora's POV)


Author notes : It’s paired with the previous story。
Translator notes : wow, finally we know how old Karl is!

「Aa shocking!It’s so shocking」
 When I’m alone with Audrey、I shouted。


 After being engaged with Karl、I visited Audrey’s residence several times to deepened my friendship with her、now she is my number 1 best friend。
 Both of us are reincarnated after all、we can talk to each other about what we can never tell to other person、and the story about our first lover after we come to this world is so exciting。(Of course、ecchi’s story too!)

 Truthfully、today’s tea party was because I sent an SOS to Audrey。

「It’s alright so calm down a little and talk slowly、Flora。Come on、sit down and have some tea first」

 Audrey rubbed my back gently、guided me to the chair and let me sit、then she poured the tea。Setting aside her past life、 Audrey is a wonderful ojou-sama now、though I am also。
 Drinking the tea which gave out a good smell、I sighed。

「It’s delicious……」

「That’s good to hear。I don’t know what happened、but in that case you should take a deep breath and try to calm down a little」

 She who is as cute as a small animal、said with a gentle tone and clear green eyes。She’s really a nice girl。How she saved me、because she’s in this world also。

「Un。I’ll do that」

 Audrey sat in front of me、reached for her tea cup。Tilted her neck and ask。

「Then、what happened?」

「Karl had a wife」

「Seriously?! Uoo、oo!」

 Audrey whose lady’s mode has completely collapsed、spilled her tea and screamed。




 The engagement between me and Karl、started because the story of our elope、it was decided at that moment as a result、and on top of that I didn’t even get any proper marriage proposal from Karl、I still didn’t know anything about Karl’s private life。
 I didn’t even know Karl’s true name before it。
 And how butler was not his main work。

 That’s why、10 days after we arrived at Karl’s residence and everything got calmed down、he finally proposed to me。
 At that moment、he said that he has something that he must talk about、so Karl told me about his marriage history。

 Karl、had a bereaved wife。
 When I knew that fact、my head just stopped working。

「Well、Karl looks young but he’s already over 100 years old、it’s not strange if he has a lover in the past。More over、I’m more surprised if he didn’t have any woman’s shadow in his life or if he’s still a virgin。I understand that。But、to had a wife、mentally to me it’s not good、it’s a great shock」

「That’s true。Former wife’s existence is a bit intense」

 Audrey who knew that his『Wife』already died decades ago、turned back to her usual ojou-sama mode。I’m glad she didn’t get burned。

「I may be still a child、but I just can’t grab my head into it。Like、I wonder if he compared me with that person、or if I’m just a substitute for her」

「No way!」

「I understand、Karl’s not a person like that。But、even if I think so with my head、 my heart just can’t catch up with it。I’m just going around with stupid and nasty thoughts」

「……It’s tough right、Flora」

「Un……」

 Audrey come next to me、and gently put her hand on my back。Her warmth gradually spreads into my heart、the tears I had endured overflowing。

「You can just cry。There have been so many things in this short period、so you must also have many feelings that you accumulated」





「It’s hard to love someone who is not a human right。Our life-span is also different、so I think that it’s very difficult。But、I’ve fallen in love with such a person、so I can’t help it right」

「Un。It didn’t even occurred to me that Karl maybe is a vampire、so I didn’t prepare for it and just fell in love with him」

 After crying for a moment、I sighed and said。

「But、even if I know from the start、I think that I’ll still fall in love with him so I don’t have any regret」

「When you think about it、Karl-san’s former wife is also amazing。Her husband wouldn’t get old yet she will become an obaa-san and need to be taken care of right?」

「Un、I was told that she lived until she was about 90 years old」

 Getting older by herself with such a beautiful man next to her、it’s painful for woman。But、I will be the same。
 When I imagined that I’ll leave Karl by himself、my heart hurts。
 Will he see me off with the same appearance as now。
 And after that、will he live alone again for decades?

「No……I just can’t leave Karl」

 When Emily-san died、Karl was desperate enough that he wants to die also。And now、he’s so attached to me enough that it can be called doting。
 If I die、what will happen to his heart。
 I don’t want it、for Karl to feel pain again。

 I was in tears again。
 But、Audrey looked at the midair、and frowned。

「Wait、Flora、I just thought about some scary things」

「E?」

「Karl-san is、already 100 years old right? How far can his age exceeded? Also、how long is his life-span actually?」

「What do you mean?」

「Because、it said that he’s long-lived、but we didn’t know how long is it specifically right。In other words、」

 Audrey started to explain。

「It’s only an if、but let’s say that Karl-san’s life-span is 160 years old。Then、if he’s already 130 years old now how would it be?」

「……He can live for another 30 years、then……」

 Then that means that Karl will die when I’m 48 years old?!
 On the contrary I’ll be the one that left behind?

「That’s……no way……」

「Karl-san’s not a pure vampire、so I don’t think that he can live for hundred of years。I think it’s better if you check it once for all、as soon as possible」

「No……Karl will die」

「Wait、it’s still only a hypothetical story! Aa I’m sorry、don’t cry」

「Karl、」

 I got so emotional that my tears keep flowing out、I keep crying。I thought that it was bad for Audrey but I can’t stop my tears。

 After that until Karl come to pick me up with a carriage、I was crying so hard for a farewell day that I don’t even know when it’ll come。





「I’m sorry that I made her cry、Karl-san」

「Do not mind it、from her young age、my ojou-sama always start crying right away。For the inconveniece、I offer you my deepest apologize」

 As soon as Karl saw me crying he hugged me、 and said that to Audrey。
 You don’t even know my feeling、and you treat me like a child!
 But I can’t protest him、because if I try to speak it seems like I’m going to leak out my crying voice。

「Then see you again、Flora。When you calm down please contact me」

 I keep clinging to Karl、and nodded。

 In the carriage on our way home I was on Karl’s knees、he hugged me and gently stroke my hair、in addition sometimes he’ll give me a little kiss on my cheeks。
 I’m afraid that I don’t know when will Karl die、and because of that I just can’t stop crying。

「Ka、rl、」

「Yes、what it is? Maybe about Emi……Are you angry about the already deceased person?」

 I shook my head。Not about that。I don’t care about your former woman!

 When the carriage arrived at the residence、I still can’t stop crying。I just can’t help but feel terrified that Karl will disappear from my world。
 When he lived with his former wife、did Karl also feels this kind of fear。

「Charles」

「Keep the people out。Understood」

 Charles who greeted us nodded immediately after seeing us。
 Still holding me Karl headed to the bedroom。

「Well then Flora、please tell me what happened」

 After being engaged Karl who is a Do’S changed into a sweet one except at the time of training(though during the training、I also felt that he become softer than before、but the people watching us are getting pale。I wonder why?)sat on the sofa while holding me and said。
 He wiped my tears with handkerchief。

「Even when you are crying in my arms、is so irresistibly adorable。It makes me want to eat you up」

 He’s not a ghoul so it must be a joke that he wants to eat me、and it’s quite troublesome if he sucks my blood from noon、so I said in a hurry。

「Karl will you leave me behind and die?!」

「……Yes?」

「That’s why、how old are you now and how long is Karl’s life-span、how many years can we live together? You will die before me……」

 My tears burst out again、I clung into Karl’s shirt and weeping。

「Karl、I don’t want you to disappear、I don’t want you to die before me、I’m begging you、」

「No wait、please wait Flora、what is happening so that you come to worried about something like that?」

 To Karl who doesn’t seems to understand anything、I explained to him what I talked with Audrey。

「……I see now、although it is an original way to think about if your opponent is a vampire、it does make sense」

「Then、it’s like that? Karl will die before me?!」

「Please refrain from strangling my neck。Are you planning to kill me like that」

 I did tried to cling myself into him more sweetly、but my body moved on its own and aiming for a vital point。

「Please calm down and listen quietly。From the conclusion、the life-span left for me is almost the same as Ojou-sama’s」

「……Really?!」

「Yes。My current age is 125 years old。I have an approximately life-span for about 200 years old、so I should still alive for another 75 years。Ojou-sama is quite tenacious、so you could easily pass over 90 years old。And then、you are 18 years old now、so you have more than 70 years to go by」

「Ara……It’s really the same」

「Right? Were you relieved?」

「N……I’m glad」

 I rubbed my face on Karl’s chest。

「Do you have any other concern or something that you want to ask?」

「Karl’s appearance、will it stay the same? Don’t you get older?」

「No、that is not true。It is aging little by little。When I die I will die as as old man。Are you disappointed because of it?」

「Uun、I think that Karl will still cool even if you’re older、so I’m looking forward to it」

 Attractive Karl with gray hair、it’s great! My drooling comes out!
 Yes、I do like oji-sama also。

「Then、what about children? Can we have a baby」

「That is right。The probability is low right now、but in the next few years my reproductive power will rise、and it will be the time for children to easily come。Since I am long-lived、it is difficult for me to have descendants when I am still young。Will you give birth to my child?」

「Un、I thought that if I can I want to have Karl’s baby。Is it okay?」

「Of course、I am happy。You will surely have an adorable child similar to you。I will love it」

 Karl hugged me tightly and whispered、but you are the one that I love most、but let’s pretend that I didn’t hear it。

「I should have explained it earlier。I am sorry that I made you feel uneasy。It is just that I finally got you who I had always wanted、so I am just too intoxicated by it」

「It’s okay。Truthfully I was jealous of your former wife、but I’m happy that we can live together from now on」 

「All of me is yours。And then、you are my last woman、Flora。I love you。I also、want to be the first and last man for you」

「Well、you have life-span doubled than me、so I’ll forgive you for having a wife before this。But、if you’re attracted by another woman than me from now on、I won’t forgive you」

「That can never happen。Because you are the meaning of my life、the hope of my life。Flora too、do not look at any other man than me。Because jealousy will stop my breath」

「Maa、Karll」

 Yes、I’m sorry that we’re such a stupid couple!

「Cute Flora。Please let me propose to you once again」

 Karl lifted me down from his knees and stood up、then he knelt down and took my left hand。

「Lady Baron Flora・Eurencie、would you please marry me、Karlsend・Starks」

「Yes、with pleasure」

 Karl kissed the back of my hand、and smiling。
 He hasn’t worn his glasses since I came to his residence、so I’ve got a little used to his good looks、but when you look at him when he’s right in front of you、 it can make you dizzy。For him to looks like this when he is almost 130 years old、this absolutely a fraud!

「So that I can receive your love someday、please let me stay with you forever」

「Karl……」

 I looked up at Karl who stood up、then I jumped into his chest。

「Not someday but now! I love you」

「Flora?」

 I looked up at his surprised face。

「When I thought that I’ll you leave you alone and die、my heart become so painful。I want you to be happy、I want you to always smile。You’re the most important thing in this world。I love Karl。I noticed it」

「……Now、I am feeling really happy。But how happy I am、you will never understand it。Flora、thank you。That I can met you、is the best fortune of my life」

 Then、Karl gave me a deep kiss。
 His silver eyes got wet、and more sparkling than usual。
 I too think that it’s my best fortune、that I can met Karl。
 There were various things happened、and I’m sure there will be more after this、but I’m really glad I was born in this world。
 For reincarnated me to here、thank you。
 I’m happy!

Next chapter 

3 comments: