Saturday, July 4, 2020

Flora Chapter 21



    Extra: People Who See The Stars (Karl's POV)


Author notes : There’s no ecchi scene。And also、it’s quite a simple story。This is Karl’s inner murmur。

 That person、said that the eternal parting was approaching。

「I’ll be the star and watching you……where you living happily」

 That’s why、you have to watch it with someone okay。This is a promise、Karl。







 Emily was an adventurer。I met her when I was still living as a business man、at the town bar where I went out to take a break。

 For I who is a vampire and has a long life、my fatigue was less than what ordinary human usually has、thus with little time and hard work I succeeded as a businessman。 

 Since I already got the result of my works、I want to move my interest to other things after that。And the thing that got my attention at that time、was human observation。
 At first it was immediately discovered that I was a wealthy man who tried to traveling incognito、so after that I wore clothes that are not too expensive and could let me blend with the surrounding、I went to the town and appearing here and there at the restaurant and bar。

 Then one day、there was Emily who killed a big shot and celebrated it by treating everyone a drink。

「How about one drink to you too? Aloof ouji-sama」

 With a pleasant smile、she called to me in the corner of the bar。

「Is it about me?」

「It’s a nickname to you、who is so civil yet never allow anyone else to come near you。」

「Oya、it is a honor to got such a nickname」

 For giving a place for someone like me who was unfamiliar to them、this town was quite broad-minded。Well、it was probably because there are a lot of unfamiliar adventurer also。

 I become close to Emily after that。I also become an adventure because of her lead。As a vampire I had a good fighting ability、and made a good combination with Emily。

 We also camp together。I set the fire、and looked up at the quiet starry sky。She also liked watching the stars。She is someone without any single relative、her parents already become the stars and watching over her、she said that with a laugh。

 She was not an extraordinary beauty、but she was friendly and lovely。There were some who was envious with my relationship with her、the majority was looking at us with warm eyes、but for the few who looked hostile I talked to them with my fist。

 Eventually we got married。Even after we got married our life did not changed much、I live as a businessman and an adventurer at the same time、while Emily became an advanced adventurer。

 When she felt that her strength weakened、Emily bravely stopped being an adventurer、and entered the life as a wife of a businessman。Her idea started some new businesses、we put a lot of effort for our welfare and it made Stark’s name grown even bigger。

 Living with Emily was enjoyable。However、the life-span between me who is a mixed race of vampire and her who is a human was too different。
 Until the time we must part arrive I will always love Emily。
 No matter how old she was、she was my lovely wife、my partner。
 Seeing my attachment to her、Emily become quite worried。Every time she had something to say to me、she made me to make a promise to her。
 To survive my life even without her。
 I’ll become a star at the end of my life and I’ll always watching over you、so you must never do something that will embarrassed me、she said that。
 Also、that she will always pray for me so I can find my happiness。

 That is why、even after I lost her、I have to continuing to living。

 The pain that pierced my heart eventually changed into a heavily dull one、and remained inside me like an empty hole。





 That I took the role as a butler of the daughter of Eurencie family、it was just a whim。
 When I heard that a 12 years old noble daughter、looking for a person to help her strengthen herself、I thought what kind of play is that。
 When I compared the whim of the blessed noble daughter、with Emily who has lived her life with all her strength、I became a little irritated。
 I was paralyzed because of that feeling、and although my heart moved into the negative direction、I who has become alone again decided to made another interesting observation。

 Thus、after I observed Charles and have some understanding to how to become a capable butler、I became a talented person like what Eurencie family demanded、and got hired。

「Nice to meet you、I am Flora・Eurencie」

 Pink-blond fluffy hair and blue eyes、a child with a lovely appearance like a doll、lifted her dress and gave out a greeting like a lady。

「I am called Karl who will become your butler and also your educator。To fulfill your desire to become stronger、I will do my best to train you、so please be prepared」

「……Understood」

 Looking at Flora who is already tearful、I thought、how many days will she last。





 Contrary to my expectation、Flora was obsessed with the training。Be it magic or martial arts、she was good for a child at her age。She appeared to already improving her basic physical strength and raising the power of her magic steadily。
 It is not like she particularly talented、so it was probably all the result of her effort。

 She clinging to the ground because of my merciless training、weeping while being covered in mud、yet she keeps on training。
 Her peach-like cheeks was full of scratch、tears trickled down。The blue eyes get wet and shimmering like a jewel、I vaguely thought、how beautiful。
 If I lick that blood、what would it taste like?
 Trying to press down the lust、I turned around。

 The light of Flora’s life、steadily filled the dark hole inside me。






 She said that the reason she want to become stronger is『To protect myself』、then she closed her mouth tightly and did not explained it more specifically。
 But it was certain that she was living while carrying some fear inside her。
 One night after I got used with my work as her butler、I heard some voice when I passed her room。
 With my privilege as a butler I slipped into the dark room without knocking。

「Ojou-sama、is something happened?」

「……No、release me、……Don’t touch me」

「Ojou-sama、it is me、Karl。What are you talked about」

「……Karl、if it’s Karl、because you’re strong、help me、」

 Flora opened her eyes、yet her blank gaze still wandering loose。It looks like she still have not wake up from her dream completely。

「Karl is here」

「Karl、」

 Still lying in her bed、Flora stretched out her hands and searched for me。
 It is not like me、but when I inadvertently extended my hands she clung into me and cried。

「Karl、Karl、」

「I am here。Ojou-sama」 

 I sat on the bed、and put the still young Flora on my knees。

 Like a drowning person、she desperately clung into me。Through the light nightwear、Flora’s heat transmitted to me。
 Hugged her who seems to be scared because of the nightmare、I gently stroked her hair、her rough breathing eventually turned into a slow one、then Flora went to sleep。

 I was going to let her lay on the bed and leave、but she clung to me strongly、when I tried to loosen up her grip she put more strength into it。
 I sighed、then I lay next to her。

 Because we are using recovery magic、even after that intense training and got injured there was no any marks leave on her smooth white skin。
 Still innocent、fluffy cheeks and fresh pink lips。
 Even with just only the dim light from the moonlight I could see it。
 The tear marks on her cheeks、I gently wiped it with my fingers。

 At dawn I got out of bed、and called out for Flora like I was just come inside。

「Ojou-sama、good morning。」

 She rubbed her sleepy eyes with her small hands、it seems like she did not remember anything about last night。
 But、from that night whenever she has nightmare she will call out my name、and she started to called me 『Sebastian』in the daytime。




 Eventually she gets older、and grown up to be a beautiful woman。I started to kiss Flora’s lovely lips as a compensation of me sleeping together with her、but I did not do anything to her more than that、I just hugged her and watched her grow into one pretty flower。




 When I used my magic of communication to learn more about the reason of her fear、the horror and anger made me forget myself。
 There are people who are trying to defile my Flora。
 For a moment、I thought that I should just kill all those man。
 Remove anything that will threatens her、after that lock her inside me……。
 However、the Flora that I get then、she will be just like a doll。
 What I love、is the light of her life who is desperately trying to live。
 Flora’s life、it must be made by her own hands。
 All I could do is、lend her a little help。





 Someday、I wonder if she will watch Emily’s star with me。
 Will she awake in my arms、and give me a kiss。
 While dreaming about that、for 6 years、I certainly felt happy。
 Tomorrow、Flora will turn 18、and reaches her adulthood。
 The cute ojou-sama、still does not know about my feelings。

Next chapter 

3 comments: